A tiny home is one of the most intriguing options to consider when it comes to alternative living. A tiny home is precisely what it sounds like: Tiny houses with a very small footprint that provide an efficient and enjoyable living space.
A tiny home can be characterized by the following features:
- A tiny house plan takes up much less square footage than a typical building. A tiny home will take up about 100 to 500 square foot of space.
- It has a series of basic rooms all around. It has a small area for sleeping with a queen-size bed and living use. It may come with a desk and space for other items but the bed is what takes up much of this space.
- It also has a small kitchenette. It should have a cooktop and a sink. There can also be a spot for a refrigerator and freezer if desired. Counter space for small appliances can be added too.
- A bathroom will come with a small shower space with a small water heater plus a composting toilet and sink.
The features in such a tiny house plan vary by option but these are all the basics that you will come across in such a small house with little square footage. It is a rather intriguing option to look at for your general living demands.
Even so, you must look at the costs associated with such a building. While a tiny home might cost a good deal of money upfront, you might be surprised at how much you could save by living in a small house versus a more traditional home.
The cost of a tiny home will vary based on the situation. It will cost more if it has been premade. Even so, the cost that comes with getting it ready will be rather affordable.
You might spend about $10,000 to $30,000 for a premade house. This is close to 10% of the value of a much larger house that you might find in a typical market.
Meanwhile, a tiny house that you can build on your own will cost much less. This is thanks to how you won’t have to worry about the costs associated with getting added labor ready. You might spend about $2,000 to $6,000 on a home that you would have to assemble on by yourself. The total costs involved will vary and should be checked carefully.
Some added costs may be used to help you with getting a septic tank and energy generator ready. You will have to spend a few thousand dollars to get a septic tank applied onto a tiny home as well as a generator that works with wind or solar energy. Sometimes, these features are already included in your premade house. Check out how such a home is made so you can get an idea of what can be used in your space. This is to give you an idea of what can work for your living needs.
What Costs Are Being Avoided?
While spending potentially tens of thousands of dollars to get a tiny house might sound like a lot of money, it is actually a better option for your living needs. Just think about how much it might cost for you to live with a typical home:
- It can cost $5,000 or more to pay for taxes and insurance relating to a standard home. These costs will be eliminated or at least significantly reduced in value when you have a tiny home.
- The cost of maintaining a standard home can be $300 or more per month. You might not even spend $100 a month on maintaining a tiny home.
- You won’t need to worry about interest repayments with a small home. If you were to take out a loan on it, you might spend $3,000 to $5,000 on interest versus $100,000 or more required for interest on a more traditional home loan.
The costs associated with a traditional home can be rather tough for many to handle. This is a big part of why so many people are flocking to tiny houses. They want to live in areas where they can live a simple and clean life without having to spend far too much money in the process.
The Savings Last For a While
The savings that come with living in a tiny home area are especially going to work for a long time. This is thanks to the many things that come with living on such a property:
- With a small abode, you will be more self-sufficient. Living in such a house entails working with more recycle and reuse points. This helps to keep your space clean and easier to live in.
- Your life will be a little simpler and easier to live. This comes as you will avoid having to spend too much money on things that you might not normally be able to afford on a regular basis.
- Such a space also works off the grid in many cases. You could use a generator that works with renewable energy in many cases to help you get to keep your energy under control.
- The savings will keep on working for as long as possible. You might be amazed at what can come about when you’re aiming to get the most out of your life when trying to save money.
Check With Us For Land
You can always contact us for information on finding great land. We have several plots of land available for all types of situations.
Best of all, the land options we have are very affordable. You might find that it costs less to get a plot of land and a tiny home on it than what it costs for a typical home. Check out our listings today to see how affordable your new life can be.